Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I was wrong...

About not getting sick again. Turns out I've got a full fledged stuffy, runny nose, sneezes, coughs... not fun at all. Today has become a knit, tea & snuggles kind of day. I've been missing D a ton too, cause even though he's around, he has been (wisely) limiting all conact with me to the occational pat on the back or brief side hug... no snuggles there! Hopefully DJ won't come down too hard with this. He's been nursing almost non stop, through the night, hours &hours on end during the day...which I have heard to be a good thing for baby's immune system.

So. I'm drinking tea with honey & lemon juice,upping my Vit. C, taking echinacea, and trying to increase the water intake & limit the sugar.

What's your favorite thing to do for yourself when you're sick? A good remedy? Something to do to help you pass the time? For you parents, how do you manage to keep a house running when you're sick? I wish I had someone to cook my meals for me, bring me more tea & tissues when I run out like my mom did when I was little... but now I'm the mom, not the kid! I don't know how my amazing mother did it.

Tell me about your sick day traditions!

1 comment:

  1. I drink vanilla chamomile tea w/ honey and take cough syrup. To pass the time, I get a lot of reading done! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete