Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Beginning

I officially have a blog.


This raises a few questions in my mind, such as:


What should be the purpose of a blog? Is it to benefit you, the reader, or me, the author? Perhaps both? A place to publicly voice opinions? Simply a journal to document what has happened in my life? To amuse people? Do I want this blog to develop a following, or am I content to let my words, however they are directed in the end, simply float around in silent cyberspace?


I have friends who have knitting blogs, keeping track of their projects, and putting them on display. I have friends who have blogs where they update home churches on the events of their missions trips. I have seen blogs focused on food, on electronics, on green living. Any object or subject which that person finds interesting becomes the content of their blog.


What am I interested in? A short list would contain:


Cooking
Frugal living
Gardening
Knitting


Music
Painting


Photography
Science


This just scratches the surface of what I love doing. This obviously is too much for one blog to focus on. Which brings me back again to why I have this blog.


I want this blog to be an encouragement to those who read it. Whatever I post, be, what I've done that day, or a tip I've learned for frugal living, or my newest crafting project, I want it to be uplifting to those who read it. I want them to walk away with a smile.


:)

3 comments:

  1. I can tell you this about blogging, Sarah Ashley. You will always be tickled when people leave a comment. It's an empowering thing to write, and it is even more empowering when you know that someone reads your words. So I am tickled because I get to be the first to leave a comment. Keep it coming; you will be read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun reading...brought back sweet memories of knitting my first baby sweater. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete