Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We interrupt this knitting week to present:

Our baby!




I had our "20 week" ultrasound done today. I'm supposedly only 19 weeks 2 days today, but so long as the ultrasound is done within a week or two, it serves its purpose. The doctor and ultrasound tech checked all of the major anatomical features of the baby, (spine, kidneys, stomach, bladder, brain, heart, etc) making sure they were on track for what they were supposed to, and that there were no visible defects. (And there were none, thank the Lord! Everything is developing properly.)


Seeing how this is my first post about our baby, let me fill you in on what is going on. The doctors have my due date set as July 11th, 2010. God couldn't have planned it better- it's in the middle of the 5-6 week summer break that D has. Today's ultrasound had Baby Goo (our nickname for the child) measuring a little bit bigger than average, but still within the target growth. I was a big baby, (10lb 6 oz,) so I wouldn't be surprised if I also have a big baby. This is our first child, and we are waiting until it is born to find out the gender. (P.S. we're keeping records of the "guesses" of our friends, so if you want to be added to the official list, just include your guess in your comment!) We do have names picked out for both genders, one of which we had decided on before we were married! We'll keep those secret for now. ;)


I was a little disappointed in some of the ultrasound pictures today. Baby Goo wasn't lined up very well for the profile shot, so I'm not even going to post one of it... you can hardly tell it's a baby, let alone the profile of one! My favorite picture by far is the one of  Baby Goo's feet:




You can even see the toes on the end of the top foot!


Baby Goo is lying sideways, with the head on my right side, and the feet towards my left. I also found out today that the placenta is between me and the baby, which would explain why I haven't really felt any distinct movement yet. I'm sure I'll be thankful for the cushioning later, once the baby really starts kicking!


We are so excited about this blessing the Lord is entrusting to us. I wouldn't be surprised if Baby Goo becomes the subject matter of many more blog posts! For right now though, I've had a very long and exciting day and am about  to grab my knitting and sit out in the other room with D to wind down for the night.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the baby feet picture! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like feet! i totally didnt know you had a blog... :) but i will stay updated now. miss you!

    ReplyDelete