Saturday, February 13, 2010

For the next two weeks this is a knitting blog...

Consider yourself warned.
Ravelympics is off to a good start for me. Last night we took an average of two clocks (one said 9:01 and the other said 8:59) and we started on our projects. A friend of mine cast on her very first lace shawl, and I got out my BSJ WIP project, figured out where I was ( I don't know why I didn't get that done earlier) and let the needles fly!


Time seemed to fly as well, because before I knew it, it was 11:30, and I still had a couple more rows to do to reach my goal for the night. At about 12:05 (right around three hours of knitting) I had finished 20 rows. I hope to have this sweater finished by Sunday night so I can work on the next project in line. Of course I had to average my "time per row", figure out how many rows I had left, add in extra time because each row is getting longer, and then calculate how long the rest of the project should take me. (all of this at midnight with a very tired brain!) Now I know I should be able to complete this in about 10 more hours of work, and that I probably will have put at least 25 hours into knitting this sweater for my little one-to-be.


Oh yes, the reason I wanted to make this post this morning:




Before I started last night:


Picture taken this morning to show how far I've come. Note that I was starting at the red stripe located near the "armpit" of the sleeve last night. I'm quite happy with how far I've come, and I can't wait to see where it will be tonight!

2 comments: