Friday, February 12, 2010

Ravelympics preview

I knit and crochet, and have discovered that Ravelry.com is a very handy website for such crafters. This website issued a challenge to its members: Over the Olympics (17 days) challenge yourself to start and finish a project (no matter how big or small) or finish up projects that have been siting around unfinished (WIP=work in progress) You are allowed to start working on the projects during the opening ceremonies (but not before) and they must be finished by the end of the Olympics for it to get a "medal"


I wanted to do a quick photo preview of the projects that I have planned for the next 17 days. I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but they said to challenge yourself right?


First up:


Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ)
 This is a sweater I started for Baby Goo (the nickname for our baby, due in July). It is a WIP, and the first project that I will work on. I'm hoping to have it finished over the weekend... we'll see how long it will actually take me.


Mini-Mangyle
This is a sweater-vest that is (still) a Christmas gift (09) for a friend's toddler. (those are doublepoint needles on it) I obviously don't have much to do... just weaving in ends and ribbing the shoulders and adding a neckline... shouldn't be too bad... less then a day's work I hope.


Entrelac Gloves



Once again, not too hard of a job, just the fingers on the left hand to finish up. Hoping for not much longer than a day or two for this one...






Samus sweater
I have only just started this sweater for myself. It will be this beautiful brown for the bottom of the sweater, and for the bottoms of the cuffs, and then the gorgeous red for the body of the sweater. This will be my biggest challenge, and will probably take most of the 17 days.


Rainbow Delphine Gloves


This will be my only non-WIP project. I'm looking forward to doing the color work on this pattern... I don't have much to say about this I guess, until I start working on them a little more. :)


























That's all I have for now! I'm just waiting for 9:00 tonight when I can get out my BSJ and start working on it! :D I am so excited! :D







No comments:

Post a Comment