Sunday, February 14, 2010

First two WIPs finished!!!

Keeping everyone up-to-date on my Ravelympics projects:


I have finished the BSJ, and I absolutely love the finished product. The colors worked out beautifully. I ended up switching out some of the brighter colorway for one that was a little more earthy. (I would have ended up with too much purple and blue on the front of the sweater, and they are definitely not my favorite colors-- as it is, I love the colors that ended up on the front from the other colorway!) I have about a skein of left over yarn that I'm going to use for a super-secret project. (something small and simple that I can have on hand for birthday and other special occasion gifts...)


Here is the finished sweater:


Buttons will be added once the baby is born, since we are not finding out the gender! :)










The second project on the list also got finished up tonight. It only took me about two hours or less to add the ribbing on the arms, and do the collar, and of course, weave in all the ends. :D


I present: The Mini-Mangyle:
This is for a little guy, (he's almost two I think... I 'd have to check on that!) but it might already be too small on him. Luckly, he now has an infant brother who can grow into it if it doesn't fit him at all, I'll just have to make him a special sweater for his next birthday...


I did start working on my next project, and I hope to have it done by Tuesday night at the latest. I'd be super happy if it were done tomorrow night, (there is a chance I'll be able to swing it) but I'm not going to count on it. If I finish by Tuesday, that will leave me with 12 days for my last two projects: the colorwork mittens, and my Samus sweater... which I will be making in a size L instead of the M size I had planned... so it fits over my baby bump! :P


Goodnight world!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you do a minimangyle for our miniman... whenever he shows up. ;)

    ReplyDelete