Sunday, September 19, 2010

A wise old owl

DJ has been referred to by a friend of mine as "the professor". He does have very mature features, and this particular nick-name for him got me thinking about wisdom, and what could be wiser than an owl? (jk) He needed a sweater that fit him (all the ones he has now he drowns in, including the BSJ I made for him) I decided to pick up some of my favorite silky wool yarn (Ravelry details) and find an easy free pattern to use. A lady at SSK has been making these cute owl sweaters from a pattern she bought for $7.00 that I really wanted to make, but me, being the sneaky me I am, decided to combine two free patterns into one sweater. I love how it is turning out so far:


DJ modeling the sweater so far

Close up of the owls
 
Detail of one owl cable

I liked this artistic shot.

1 comment:

  1. its beautiful hun...your so crafty :) ~love heidi

    ReplyDelete